Friday, April 29, 2011

Parking lot sitters

I was driving down the street today and saw a car parked in not a parking spot. It was actually parked in front of a yellow curb and in front of a fire hydrant (right in front of Pine Tavern). I shook my head as is my custom and muttered something about how that car should get a ticket or some punishment (kind of like a stereotypical old man). I park my car and walk to my apartment. I walked by the same car and saw a man sitting in the driver's seat, just hanging out there. Soon after I entered a state of bepuzzlment, I saw another man sitting in his car just about 15 feet away. Good day to sit in a car, I guess. I always wonder why people park their cars and just sit in them. Some simply sit in a particular parking space and wait for their companion to return. Then there are others who will park right by the front door of whatever shopping center they're at and press the hazard lights so everyone thinks they have a large load to hoist into their vehicle. I think that's true about 50% of the time. The other ones are only turning them on so we will not bother them about parking right in the middle of a, once clear, path for cars to drive in. When they are, I think to myself, "unfair! kindly park in the lot like the rest of us common people!" But, usually person has a friend or a wife who left the car and is doing something. Then I think, "well why don't they just go with their traveling companion to wherever they are going together?" To me, that seems much better than sitting in a car. I sit in a car enough, thank you. when I was a kid, I used to stay in the car while my mom or dad did their thing; running errands or whatever. But I had a Gameboy and had to level my pokemon. I don't feel like these individuals are the type to share that interest, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment