Sunday, April 17, 2011

A lesson to prepare you for an optimal restaurant experience.

I've written about this before and expressed my feeling about it several times before. Yet, this thing keeps coming up in my life to this very day, like a curse following me around until I'm finally done working with food. No, it's not gaining weight. It's something that comes out of a customer's mouth at quite a frequent rate. I'm not talking about bad breath, or those little mouths that come out the queen alien's mouth in the movie Aliens. It happens after I get through explaining a beverage or a food item from out menu. "is that good?" What?! What are you asking me? You're asking me if I, an employee paid to convince you of our food and beverage quality, if something is good? What am I supposed to say? There aren't very many options for me that are both honest and approved by my superiors. For example, saying, "not really" would be one statement that may be honest, but is harshly looked down upon by the people I seek approval from. So I tell them how amazing whatever they're asking about is. What is the moral of the story? Ask smart questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment