Monday, April 11, 2011

Don't touch my bike!

I was at work today updating the website from the front desk of our office facility. My desk had a great view of the front door which is made of glass and is good for seeing things through. One such thing I saw through this door was a woman very interested in my bicycle. I had ridden my bike earlier in the day and it was locked up outside. I watched as she took hold of the seat and pushed it back and forth perhaps checking the stability or softness of the seat. She took a step back for a bit to think, and then came back to give the tires a little squeeze. My face adopted a contorted puzzled look. I didn't know what her intentions were going to be with my bike. It wasn't for sale or anything. I knew it was locked up, so I decided to keep watching her to see what she would do. She eventually walked away. Maybe she just really likes bikes. I don't know if she needed one or not. Sometimes when I need something like a set of plates or a jacket or something I'll notice every set of plates or jacket I encounter. She was in bike mode, man, and nothing was stopping her. I can see that, but I also feel like there's some bubble of privacy around my bike. I could take it as compliment. My bike is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment