Saturday, September 19, 2009

a moment's thought

Just a little bit ago, I came to one of those moments when everything around you--life, relationships, God, destiny--all come bundled up in one single thought in one single moment. The thought made me smile, not because of financial security or peace amongst my possessions, but because here, in this moment of life, of time, I know I am in the right place; I know I'm where God wants me to be. I feel as though I am a piece of a puzzle (it's a lame analogy, I know) that no longer fits in my space in North Dakota, my home. I may have fit there for a time, but as people change, I changed and, just as a puzzle piece would change, it would not still fit into the puzzle. I fit into a new puzzle now and have have been drawn to Bend, OR, to "fit" here for a time. Life comes one day at a time. I don't know where I'll fit next or where I'll go, but I am happy where I am now. I feel connected here. I don't have to wear my shoes and I have a special traffic lane made just for my bike. All I have to do is jog down the block from my house and soon I am thrilled by breathtaking views of Mt. Bachelor on the west and seemingly endless pines to the east. Overall, I really like it here and I've come to peace with where I am and who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment