Monday, September 28, 2009

I Heart Bend

So, on Saturday was the much anticipated "I Heart Bend." It was a wonderful and inspiring day of everyday people serving the city they love and the people who need it. I went with a group that did yard work for a much deserving family taking care of their elderly grandparents. It kind of felt like Extreme Home Makeover, except without Ty yell constantly and no Sears. However, Many other people did a lot of work for the city, including painting fire hydrants. One such negligent painter evidently spilled red paint all over our driveway. I wasn't too mad, being that it's not my house, I guess, but when Nancy, my house mom, came home, she decided to go out there right away and start cleaning it. I've never tried to clean paint off of concrete, but it looks really hard to do. After working for a while, she gave up, so now it just looks like a dark red smear. If you didn't know it was paint, you might think someone or something suffered a fatal injury or punched their last ticket, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment