Wednesday, September 16, 2009

coming home from school kid

I am becoming more and more convinced that the citizens of Bend, OR are some of the most fit and in-shape people I've seen for a while. It's a very hilly town and everyone seems to bike despite the hills (I think the fact that people around here are very environmentally friendly plays as a motivational factor). One such determined individual I keep seeing biking up the "impossible hill" (I made that up myself after attempting to cycle it) comes at about 4 or 5 o' clock pedeling with all his might. I always want to honk for him, but I never know if he'll take it the wrong way or not. Personally, I would be encouraged and would be a little more energized for the next few feet, but you just never know. Maybe he would think that I was egging him on or harassing him in an I'm-in-a-car-and-you're-dumb-cause-you're-on-a-bike way. Maybe I'll muster up the courage to honk at "coming home from school kid." Maybe we'll end up becoming best friends and when people ask us how we met, we can say "I honked at him and the rest is history."
Speaking of fitness, I was working out today and, evidently, some older fellow with headphones decided to bless the entire gym with his singing. It wasn't bad or anything, but it wasn't good and it made working out weird. But, most of all he was breaking one of the most important unspoken rules of the gym: don't sing out loud (or punch the air an a dancing sort of way, which he was also doing). Call me conservative, but I disapproved.

No comments:

Post a Comment