Wednesday, May 5, 2010

weird day in Bend

Today was a weird day; it seemed very surreal. For some reason, people everywhere were talking to themselves (way more than the usual day). It all started early this morning during my usual Goodwill shopping run. I was picking up some weird stuff for raffle prizes and I was heading to the sporting goods section when I passed by a lady singing a song to herself. I guess that's normal, but I remember it coming across as weird to me. I think she was singing about what she was doing at the moment, like her life was a constant musical and she was the star. She worked at Goodwill and she was putting away some items on the shelf singing her heart out. "Hmm...?" I thought. Later I found myself in Safeway picking up bags of candy for later and came across the same thing. I heard at least three people talking to themselves throughout the store. Well, I thought it was funny and quirky, so I didn't mind. I went down to where the candy was in search for the right bag of candy. "uh, this one looks good." I said out loud. Then I realized I had become one of them. It was spreading, and pretty soon others would be contaminated. It is a phenomenon and it's spreading across Bend as we speak...to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment