Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My new living arrangement

I moved into my new place the other day. My very own place. I've never actually had my own place before; I've always lived with roommates or my parents. Honestly, it's pretty boring (it doesn't help that I don't have wi-fi). Before I moved in, I went over to the place because the landlord said the doors were open (he's an old timer who grew up in the days when they trusted people). So I walked in and checked the place out. The place fit the definition of musty and reminded me of the creepy temple from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but there weren't any ghostly blades darting out at me and there weren't any grails in the back room. It mostly reminded me of the temple because of an ancient dust blanketing everything and dirt on the walls (it had these blackish marks on the wall that looked like either smoke stains or remnants of the last mud-flinging party they had). Besides that, the place wasn't too bad. It felt really weird to just walk in the place though. I felt like a burglar; I was in someone else's place, but they didn't know I was there. So I'm walking around groping for light switches around every corner and I had to go to the bathroom. OK, this'll be a good chance to check out the bathrooms. But, alas, the toilets were either empty with no water or filled with the excrement of perhaps a passerby or the previous tenant. So, now I live there and I'm optimistic. All it needs is a little love.

No comments:

Post a Comment