Monday, May 31, 2010

hashbrowns!

I had the best breakfast this morning! Usually I'll just have eggs and toast and, if I'm lucky, some smaller than average sausage patties on the side, but this morning I added one more food group to the mix and grilled up some country-style potatoes. This might not sound especially spectacular to you, but I was thrilled. They taste great and I got a chance to use my Maltese steak spice, which I always use on my potatoes, even though it's called "steak spice." They can't tell me what to do. It became a tradition one day when I was working at the cafeteria at school, making breakfast, when a friend of mine came in and started making hash browns (it was a very public cafeteria kitchen). There was a readily available Maltese spice jar, so he capitalized on it and sprinkled it over the browns. It was love at first bite (see what I did there with a little play on words). Anyway, that's the story behind my hash brown love and that's why I was so excited to make them this morning. It was really easy actually. I don't know why I don't do it more often. I have to use my potatoes more anyway. I bought them a few weeks ago and now all these weird things are coming out of them. Radioactive alien tentacles on my potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment