Friday, November 13, 2009

Memories from my bus trip

So, I was just reminiscing with myself about the inhumanly long bus trip that I took from Philadelphia to North Dakota after my beloved summer with Youthworks! Inc. Will I do it again? no, I will not work for youthworks again. Why you ask? Because I dubbed last summer as the final "fun summer job" summer. In fact, I made an oath with myself; the kind that cannot be broken. Anyway, here's a snippit from the lost pages of my bus journal that I thought were rather amusing:

Lisa McCarthy and I got to hang out in the Chicago bus station. Yay. What a pleasant surprize. The bus is shaking so bad it feels like its either going to make a loud bang noise and come to a complete halt or just fall apart entirely. There's a guy sitting to my right that keeps laughing for no reason and has been doing so for the last few hours. And apparently, I still cannot open a door after 24 years of solid experience. It's just a little embarrassing when you're standing in the middle of five or so passengers all staring at you as you're trying over and over again to pull the bathroom door open, when one of them says, "you have to push it." I haven't showered for a good three days and my hair looks like I don't know how to maintain proper higene. So, to avoid further embarrassment, my plan for the whole trip is to either be wearing my hat or hood at any given momet. So far it's been working; no one seems to have noticed my greasy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment