Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I've been doing pretty good at running lately (and drinking water). I've progressed so far that I'm even biking for 10 minutes (or the equivalent of four songs on the gym's loudspeaker) after my 3-mile run. On a side-note, I've noticed over time that the gym plays their very own special selection of music which consists of gansta hip hop, techno remixes, and eiffel 65, so when I forget my mp3 player, or just decide not to bring it that day, I must endure through the their brilliantly motivational playlist. Anyway, I was running today, as I do on a normal Tuesday, and something funny happened to me that I just had to write about. I was just ridiculous and embarrassing to say the least. So there I was, trucking along on my perpetual rubber belt traveling beneath me. I was doing very well today. For some reason, most likely from watching a few great rounds of Family Fued, I felt like I had an unusual boost of energy that carried me through my whole run. I was feeling really great about myself. I wasn't even sweating that bad. Then it hit me--a force so hard that it almost knocked me off the treadmill's unforgiving tread. I thought I had gone to the bathroom earlier, but maybe it wasn't enough, because I had a gigantic fart waiting to do me in that very hour. My first plan for overcoming this building pressure was to just let it out, but something was hindering me; something fiendish. In other words, if I farted, something would've come out after it. I didn't want to stop my workout, so, for about one mile I did my best to hold it in, periodically changing my typical running form to a sort of my-butt-is-about-to-explode running style at 6.5 miles per hour. I went back and forth like this for the last 10 minutes of my run and eventually was dubbed the victor as I finished three miles. Then in a triumphant march/scurry of sorts, I made a B line for the bathroom and unleashed nature's fury. Nothing felt more satisfying that day until I ate the biggest, most massive, gooey sticky cinnamon roll I've had since my days at Taylor UC. A proper reward for conquering such a fowl beast who dared to interrupt my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment