Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's day '010

I got a very special Valentine today. It all started when I was playing dodgeball the night before and decided to go big and run right up to line at the very start of game so I could be the hero and hit a bunch of balls back to my team. I heard the "GO!" and ran as fast as I could toward the no-man's-land dividing the two halves of the gym. I forgot that I had been wearing jeans with giant gaping holes in the knees, and when I get close to the line, I came to a halt sliding on my knees to get the ball. I didn't feel it at the time, but after being sent to the jail only seconds into my epic ball gathering mission, I felt the pain that adrenaline had covered up for a moment. Aparantly, I got an annoying rug-burn on my right knee from my rock-n-roll slide move. The next day, Valentine's day as it would appear, I looked at my rug-burn and it was in the shape of a heart. It almost felt supernatural, like a little "I love you" from God. The thing is, I hate rug-burns; not very many people do. Maybe God should have talked to my friends before Valentine's day so He would've gotten me something I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment