Sunday, February 14, 2010

an awkward encounter with an annoying family

I ran into some annoying people today. I was on my way to Starbucks to finish off my gift certificate with a talle breve single toffee nut frap with whip (of course). I had just gotten out of my car when I discovered a family with some their friends standing on the side walk having a good time. When I walked by them I glanced to observe whatever festivities may have been taking place. Apparently, they had found a homeless man's signs (the ones he had been using for begging). The homeless man wasn't there, but had probably went inside to go to the bathroom or to get warm, but had left his sings outside. Well, this family thought it was so funny to pick up the signs read them and even hold the sign in front of themselves pretending that they were begging. Ha ha ha, what? I was a bit disturbed by the whole sight and pointed out that the signs belonged to someone who actually used them for begging and that he probably didn't want people play with them. To which they responed, "well we weren't going to mess them up! Why don't you get over yourself!" I was mad. I had never seen such disturbing scene in my life. How terrible that they were making a joke out of poverty. After our little incident, I went in for my drink just to have them standing right behind me in line for theirs. How awkward.


My festive wound

No comments:

Post a Comment