Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A childhood dream come true

Well, the day has finally come for Wesley Welch. I used to work in an office with a coworker, but she moved to her own office, so the room is all mine! I'm really excited because of the two desks in the room, I used the high one with the really tall chair which made me feel like a little kid with my feet dangling above the floor (which was fun at first, but became less fun as time went on). Toward the end of the day I could sometimes feel blood rushing to the bottom of my feet because I hadn't moved them for a good few hours. And my posture was all out of whack too. But now! but now I have the short, or well, regular height desk with the awesome executive chair! (not a plastic frame, canvas "chair" with barely rollable wheels and a back that I'd have to readjust every couple days). Now, my chair is made of "leather" and, wait, I just smelled it and it's not leather, it has a great back though and I can touch my feet on the ground. Ah, it has armrests! This is the desk I had always dreamed of when I was a kid. I was a strange child and dreamed of an office job where I'd where a pressed shirt and tie to work and make copies on a machine and have a cup of coffee on my cherry wood desk in my third-floor office with a view of something worth looking at and a modern garbage can full of triangular paper cups from the water cooler down the hall where I'd talk to people about the stock market and what I did that weekend. Oh, and I'd also live in Minneapolis, root for the Twins (though I didn't and still don't know anything about baseball), and have a golden retreiver, but never get married cause girls were weird. Hmm, childhood dreams. One fulfilled. But I still have to become an artist, a pilot, and a museum guide and travel the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment