Saturday, February 20, 2010

mini-coughing

Have you ever heard someone doing a mini-cough? It's like a cough, but smaller and insignificant. I say insignificant because I believe it does absolutely nothing but redistribute the phlegm in your throat. This is annoying to me, especially in quiet places when I can hear every little mini-cough the person makes. I was once a mini-cougher myself and have long ago repented of my ways. I did it in quiet places like during a test when I though a loud cough would bother people so I did a mini-cough. Problem solved right? Wrong! Years after I started this fabulous technique did I realize how ridiculous it really is. It was then that I decided to do nothing less then a full on cough every time I need to. So today I was on one of those elliptical machine down at the old gym. I had about ten minutes left in my routine when a guy came to use the machine next to mine. He started to use the machine and turned the little TV to the Olympics. I thought, "this guy's alright." But then he started to mini-cough. He did it once and kept doing it about every 10 seconds until the end of his run. I could hear it every time he did it too. Weird. I really wanted to liberate him by encouraging him to just let it all out and give it one good cough. I didn't. He's probably still mini-coughing to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment