Wednesday, December 23, 2009

train ride home: Part 1

Today was my first day on the train. I was really excited. First of all, train stations are a mess and it was terribly difficult to figure out exactly what to do when I got there. I have never been on a train before, so I was like a lost puppy, except I was not cute or adorable. As I'm writing this, I can see that we are right beside to highway going at that slow kind of pace that airplanes go at when they are taxiing around the runway and you think they are about to take off, but they don't. It also feels like sort of a change of roles. I feel like I am always the one driving past the train and counting cars (not while I'm driving though). The things I am most excited about right now is that everyone has an outlet (Diablo 2 gorging!) and that dinner time is almost here (I brought a moose sausage sandwich, yum). There is also a train attendant speaking in some indecipherable dialect over the loudspeaker. I love it when they do that. This is what they did at the train station too. I was wondering where I was supposed to go and I was listening for my train or my destination to be announced. I was sitting a considerable distance from the gate. Then I hear a man yelling at everyone to board the train if they are going to nwordusld. Or at least that's what it sounded like. Funny how I couldn't understand the most important part. I feel like that should be part of the job training; speaking clearly.


Trying to decipher the gibberish coming from the train announcer.


Eating a fabulous cafeteria-style meal from the luxurious dining room in the train with my awesome friends.



Lots of leg room! (they moved me five minutes later)

No comments:

Post a Comment